Associate Program Director, St. Francis Center ( Portsmouth, Ohio)
The Associate Program Director works collaboratively with the Program Director to ensure the programmatic success of the St. Francis
Center including maintaining stability and growth of current offerings such as: Clare’s closet, food pantry, emergency assistance, mandated parenting, and domestic violence classes. The person also works collaboratively with the Program Director to seek new community partners and to expand programming to meet the needs of clients in this under-resourced area.
The role assists with maintaining a positive collaborative regional level relationship on behalf of Catholic Social Services’ St. Francis Center.
Additionally, the role provides services to clients and partners, assists with selecting staff when needed, setting staff expectations, motivate and
develop staff and assist with other aspects of running the St. Francis Center such as financial, operational management, and strategic planning.
• Represents Catholic Social Services (CSS) Mission, Vision, and Values in all work at the St. Francis Center, in the local
community, and as part of the broader CSS organization
• Assists with providing ongoing supervision and implementation of quality programmatic offerings and office operations at the St. Francis Center.
• Assists with maintaining and growing community relationships and partnerships (i.e., building local awareness of CSS services, maintaining relationships with funders, handling client concerns, etc.)
• Participates in CSS and local Leadership team meetings, trainings, activities, etc. including filling in for the Program Director when needed.
• Provides direct programmatic services to clients of Center including necessary documentation in electronic case management (ECM)database
• Participates in Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) and data initiatives
• Assists in preparation and presentation of federal, state, local, and/or foundation grant funding applications to current and potential funders.
• Assists with strategic planning at the local level in keeping with CSS’ goals for St. Francis Center and local needs
• Assists with business planning in keeping with CSS’ goals for the St. Francis Center and local needs
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or other relevant degrees, Master’s preferred
• LSW / LPC preferred
• Three (3) years of related experience
• Ability to work independently, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
Catholic Social Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce to reflect and provide culturally responsive services to a diverse community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Terri Hurtt, Director of HR, [email protected]